About Conan the Barbarian Slot
Conan the Barbarian is set on 6 reels and 4 rows distributed in 3 sections. There are 24 active pay-lines and you can place bets from 0.20 to £200 per spin on all kinds of devices. In the base game, you can win up to 144 times your stake which is quite a limited potential. Yet, in the free spins, you have a chance to grab up to 1008 times your stake per spin.
If you play with the highest stake of £200 you could win up to £201,600 per free spin. The slot’s volatility is medium with a return to player above the average – 96.28%. There are plenty of diverse features in the base and free games. The free spins have 3 variants to choose from. There are also various wilds, linked reels, mystery symbols.
Conan the Barbarian Design
The story about the barbarian warrior known from the books and films is stunningly recreated here. NetEnt is famous for its attention to details and precision which is also obvious from this slot. On the background, you will see a snowy village and the grid set to represent an ancient temple. As symbols, there are lower-paying coins with images of snakes, falcons, and lions. Medium-value symbols are weapons such as swords, grappling hooks, and helmets.
The three main heroes from the story – Conan, Valeria, and Thoth-Amon are the premium symbols. The atmosphere is intense and dark as is the topic and the action consists mainly of battle. The animations are superb. The musical soundtrack is suitably chosen to add suspense to the outcomes of the rounds. Conan the Barbarian is a medium volatility slot with an RTP of 96.28%.
Conan the Barbarian Gameplay
The symbols on the matrix include low-value coins with snakes, falcons, and lions on them. With a bit higher payout and medium value are the symbols of swords, grappling hooks, and helmets. There are 3 premium symbols of the 3 main characters from the story. They are Conan himself, his ally Valeria, and Thoth-Amon. These three are the most rewarding ones and give 6 times your stake when you land 5 of a kind on any of the 24 pay-lines.
The grid of the game is divided into three parts each of which is 2 reels x 4 rows large. Also, each of these three sections is connected to a feature which is unique and associated with it. This feature activates when a certain symbol lands on its respective section. Part of the gameplay is also linked reels. Two reels will merge and show identical symbols with paying combinations at random.
Here are the features and how they function:
- Tower Wilds – first section with reels 1 and 2. If a blue tower wild lands on reels 1 or 2, it will expand to cover the merged reel section partially or entirely.
- Mystery Symbols – Middle section with reels 3 and 4. If you have mystery symbols landed on the 3rd and 4th reel, they will turn into randomly chosen matching ones. The symbols may appear fully stacked. If so, they will activate the Mystery Multiplier feature. You will have Conan emerging on the grid and fighting with a giant snake. With each hit towards the snake he makes, the multiplier will increase by 1x. The minimum multiplier you can win is 3x, while the maximum is 7x.
- You may have a mystery symbol landing in combination with a battle wild and a tower wild. Then, you will trigger the Thoth Amon feature. As a result, from 3 to 6 mystery symbols will be randomly added to any of the reels from the 2nd to the 5th one. You will then score much higher wins.
- Battle Wilds – last section with reels 5 and 6. If you have a red battle wild appearing on reels 5 and 6, it expands to the adjacent reels. The wild takes 3 positions sideways.
Another random feature boosting your play during the base game is the Twin Spin. Each of the 3 sections which are 2×4 large explained above, can be lit up at any spin during the game at random. This indicates that the Linked Reels feature is in play. The two reels will then get matching symbol combinations together. Thus, they will increase your winning chances and payouts significantly. This feature is also active during the free spin where it can result in up to 6 linked reels.
Conan the Barbarian Features & Bonuses
To activate the Free Spin feature you need to land 3, 4, 5 or 6 scatter symbols at a time. They will give you 10, 15, 25 or 50 free spins, respectively. You have to decide which ones of the 3 modes you will be playing with. The available to choose from are these
- City of Thieves Free Spins – it has medium volatility and lets you take advantage of tower wild. The latter can appear on the reels. Once it does, it expands and covers the reels partially or fully.
- Temple of the Serpent Free Spins – this is the most volatile choice out of the 3 ones. Here you can land mystery symbols including fully stacked ones on all reels. The fully stacked mystery symbol triggers the mystery multiplier as it does in the base game. This way you can get a multiplier reaching up to 7x. Land from 5 to 9 mystery symbols and you will win and play the Thoth Amon feature.
- Walls of Tarantia Free Spins – a game with medium variance. It gives you battle wilds landing on the reels. These will expand sideways up to 3 positions.
Maybe the largest win potential has the Temple of Serpent Free Spins where Conan with fight giant snakes. But the rest of the free game types are also profitable.
Conan the Barbarian is full of extra features in the base game and options to choose from in the Free Spins. It ensures an amusing and thrilling play. The problem is the win potential that it offers which is not very large. The 1008 times your stake maximum achievable in the free games is not something that would please most players. The slot is suitable for players who like medium volatile video slots. Especially for fans of branded and character-driven ones. The return to player is at a good level, though.